If you pick the Microsoft Outlook program right from the start menu or possibly a shortcut icon, but Outlook won’t open, the right fix is determined by everything you experience as well as the type of Microsoft Outlook that you’re using.
Main Reasons Why You Can’t Start Outlook
Several issues could potentially cause Outlook to start incorrectly or in no way. Some common culprits include:
- Problematic add-ins or extensions.
- Damaged files.
- A corrupted profile.
- Navigation pane issues.
There are other issues, too, that could lead. Maybe you’ve added a completely new program for the computer that doesn’t be buddies with Outlook, for example, or possibly the body features a virus. Regardless of the specific cause, there are lots of key troubleshooting fixes to check that will help.
The Best Way To Fix Outlook Not Opening home based home windows
If you work with Outlook around the Home home windows computer and Outlook doesn’t open or opens with problems, try these troubleshooting procedures in a purchase presented here, from simple to harder.
If you work with the cloud-based Microsoft 365 using the pc or possibly a Mac, the automated Support and Recovery Assistant tool can identify and fasten many issues, like the problem of Microsoft Outlook not beginning.
Open Outlook in Safe Mode. If Outlook opens unsurprisingly in Safe Mode, the issue is likely an add-in or toolbar extension.
Disable add-ins. Numerous add-ins may be conflicting with Outlook making the issue. Disable all add-ins and discover when the resolves the issue.
- Select File > Options > Add-ins.
- Inside the Manage section, select Go.
- Apparent the check boxes close to the add-ins you have to disable.
- Select OK.
Scan your body for infections, Trojans, spyware and adware, as well as other malware and spy ware. Should you uncover a problem, resolve it along with your security software, reboot your computer and look for restart Outlook again.
The best way to Properly Scan Your Computer for Infections
Repair Outlook. The Outlook application may be damaged. Utilize the built-in ‘microsoft Office’ repair utility to correct it.
- Close all Office applications.
- Visit Start > Interface.
- Select Category View.
- Inside the Programs section, select Uninstall a training course.
- Right-click ‘microsoft Office’ and choose Change.
- Select Online Repair or Repair. Choose Yes in case your user account control prompt appears.
Restart Outlook following a process completes.
Repair your Outlook profile. Outlook profiles can become corrupted, causing a number of problems, including Outlook not opening.
- Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Go to the Email tab.
- Choose Repair to start the Repair wizard (this process is not designed for Outlook Exchange accounts).
- Keep to the prompts to complete the wizard and restart Outlook.
- Repair Outlook documents. If Outlook still takes care of not open, utilize the Inbox Repair tool to discover and possibly repair.
- Exit Outlook.
Download and open the Inbox Repair tool from Microsoft.
Select Browse and navigate for use on your folders (.pst) file, then select Start.
- Choose Repair once the scan finds errors.
- When the repair is completed, restart Outlook.
- Reset the navigation pane. A startup trouble with the navigation pane can prevent Outlook from opening correctly. Resetting the navigation pane might resolve the issue.
- Exit Outlook.
- Visit Start > Run or press Home home windows Key R.
- Type or paste outlook.exe /resetnavpane and select OK.
- Open Outlook. The navigation pane will probably be reset.
- Microsoft 365 versus. Office Desktop Version
The Best Way To Fix Outlook Not Opening in Mac
The following troubleshooting techniques affect Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Search for updates. A present update could add a strategy to the publication of the lack of ability to begin Outlook. Search for and install any available updates, while you cannot open Outlook.
- Select Help > Search for Updates.
- Choose Update to set up all available updates.
- Rebuild the Outlook database. While using the Microsoft utility to rebuild a corrupted database might solve the problem of Outlook not opening around the Mac.
- For individuals who’ve a Microsoft Exchange account, rebuilding the database deletes any information which isn’t synced while using server. Support any Outlook data stored only on your computer prior to deciding to rebuild the database.
- Exit all Office applications.
- Press the selection key and select the Outlook icon inside the Pier to start the Microsoft Database Utility.
- Pick the identity in the database you have to rebuild.
- Choose Rebuild.
- When the procedure is complete, restart Outlook.
Was this website helpful?