Dates are the fruit found in dry/ semi dry having round or elongated shape that ranges from light yellow to dark brown colour
Dates are grown on palm trees in middle eastern regions and mainly in Saudi arabia and africa countries
These dates are sold in the market from moderate to high prices , some of the dates are very expensive on the other hand some are very cheap.
Dates consist of high nutritional value along with healing properties, dates are also very good for heart’ health , brain functioning , and immune system. They are a rich source of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. And consist of some ions like manganese, potassium, calcium, phosphorus etc.
They are very fibrous in nature and are good for digestion. You can take 2-3 days per day and are beneficial for your health and immune system.
Different varieties of dates are available world wide having different qualities , texture , color, sizes etc.
- Amber dates– As the name shows these dates are of amber in colour and have soft and fleshy texture. These dates are not very sweet, ranging from mild to moderate sweetness. Amber dates are rich in ions like manganese, potassium, calcium, and in vitamins & minerals that are good for health and body physiology. Ajwa dates khajoor are the best one to consume for good health.
- Sukhari dates- These dates are not dark in colour but with slight withered skin. These dates are cheap in price in comparison to other dates with very much high nutritional values
- Ajwa dates- These dates are dark in colour having soft texture and fruity taste . Ajwa dates are also known as holy dates according to islamic The main difference between Ajwa dates and other dates is that these dates are not very sweet and consist of high nutritional values. These dates are very popular worldwide especially in the Asia continent. As these dates are very much good for health and immunity.Ajwa dates also help in maintaining blood sugar levels, good for bone health and boosts the immune system.
- Deglet Noor dates– These dates are not much dehydrated having soft texture , these dates are mainly produced in middle Eastern regions. Deglet Noor dates are rich in vitamins , minerals and ions like manganese, calcium phosphorus etc
These dates are also rich in antioxidants and benefits of ajwa you can check out on websites very easily.
Deglet Noor dates are not very sweet in taste, so those who are not fond of sweetness can have these dates.
- Medjool Dates- It is elongated in shape and darker in colour in comparison to other dates , it is a natural sweetener with soft and sticky texture It mainly grown in regions of Middle East and North Africa. They are rich in fibres and nutrients along with Vitamin & minerals and some ions like iron magnesium
Medjool Dates are also very beneficial for maintaining bone health as it is a rich source of calcium.
- Barhi Dates– It is less elongated but round in shape dates having sweet taste. These dates are dark brown in colour and are rich in vitamins & minerals, antioxidants and ions