Sexy & Sustainable Lingerie
Couple of situations are as personal as what we’re putting on under our everyday wardrobe. Our under garments starts our day around it ought to be comfortable, make us feel confident and effortlessly sexy, and-ideally-reflect our values for ethics and sustainability.
You will find an increasing number of ethical and sustainable clothing brands that respect both people and also the planet. But ethical swimwear and ethical lingerie lines-especially ones which make us feel and look fantastic-are less and farther between.
If you are prepared to improve your everyday essentials to brands which are responsibly made, sustainable, and conscious, take a look at the most popular eco-friendly under garments lines below. For any wider selection of cup and hip sizes, take a look at our help guide to size-inclusive lingerie brands!
*Article updated Feb 2022
- Ethical & Sustainable Inclusive nude options, inclusive sizing, vertically integrated production
- Products Brazier, bralettes, high-waist briefs, bikini, thongs, two-piece swimwear
- Size Range 30A-44H, XS-XXXL (hip 33”-49”)
- Cost Range $18-$120
CUUP recognizes that 32B isn’t a 1-size-fits-all (literally). That is why the company has brazier in forty (yes, forty!) sizes varying from the to H. All that you should do in order to find your right fit is have a simple quiz. Plus, you are able to follow-up having a complimentary fitting session. Attempted and tested-read our CUUP bra reviews here-CUUP partners having a vertically integrated production facility to make sure that every bra is from the greatest quality. Between your sheer brazier to supportive swimwear towards the cozy underwear, you’ll think it is all.
- Model wears Boody’s nude bralette
- Ethical & Sustainable OEKO-TEX certified organic bamboo, low-waste & ethical production, recycled packaging, gives back
- Products Brazier, bralettes, bikinis, g-strings, briefs, bodysuits
- Size Range XS-4XL (bust 30”-50”, hip 33”-53”)
- Cost Range $13.95-$45.95
Boody keeps things ultra-simple using its fundamental under garments collection. Created using viscose from organic bamboo, these sustainable undergarments are comfy enough to become staple inside your wardrobe. You’ll love the breathability of the fabric-it keeps you awesome during the summer time and warm during the cold months, because of bamboo’s thermo-controlling characteristics. Additionally to Boody’s under garments, the company also provides socks, activewear, and children’s clothing shop bamboo basics for the entire family!
3. Organic Basics
- Ethical & Sustainable Certified B Corp, eco-friendly & ethical production, GOTS certified organic & sustainable materials, recycled packaging, gives back
- Products Brazier, bralettes, crop tops, briefs, thongs, hipsters, bodysuits
- Size Range 30A-38C, XS-XXL (hip 35.5”-45.5”)
- Cost Range $35-$65
Organic Basics meets the motto of “Basically Better Made” using its super comfortable everyday essentials. They first of all concentrates on sustainable materials-like regenerative organic cotton and Tencel-in addition to ethical production. From brazier to briefs, the company also provides multi-packs of their most-loved sets bobs, to be able to easily result in the switch to some more sustainable under garments drawer!
SHOP ORGANIC BASICS
- Model wears Summersalt bralette and briefs in lavender crimson
- Ethical & Sustainable Recycled & sustainable materials, eco-friendly packaging, ethical production in Asia
- Products Bralettes, thongs, bikinis, briefs
- Size Range XS-2X (bust 30”-48”, hip 32”-47.5”)
- Cost Range $15-$18
Summersalt required the measurements of 10,000 women, from bust to hip, to make sure all its fits could be perfect. Its “Feel Free” collection carries bralettes and under garments comfy enough for those day put on. Obtainable in wealthy colors along with a ribbed pattern, these pieces are created with sustainable materials like bamboo and plastic waste. Pretty good for a whole type of essentials under $20…not bad whatsoever.
- Ethical & Sustainable Fair Trade certified, GOTS certified organic cotton, carbon-offset shipping, take-back program, eco-friendly packaging
- Products Brazier, bralettes, camisoles, thongs, briefs, boyshorts, hipsters, bikinis
- Size Range XS-XXL (bust 30”-44”, hip 34”-51”)
- Cost Range $14-$35
Pact’s cotton basics help to make the planet a much better place. This ethical brand would go to great lengths to make certain its entire logistics- in the planting from the organic cotton towards the final sewing and all things in between-is really as neat and responsible as you possibly can. This super-soft under garments is created using certified organic cotton (having a small mixture of elastane for durability and fit), carried out in certified Fair Trade factories.
- Model wears Cosabella’s lingerie bralette in ruby red
- Ethical & Sustainable Natural dyes, ethically hands-crafted in Italia, family-run workshops
- Products Brazier, under garments, bodysuits, bustiers, chemise & pajama sets
- Size Range 28A-40DD, -24 (hip 35”-50”)
- Cost Range $15-$225
Cosabella continues to be making its luxury lingerie in Italia since its launch in 1983. Hand crafted in family-run workshops by local artisans using Renaissance-era techniques, Cosabella’s bralettes, boyshorts, babydolls, and much more are manufactured from lace, mesh, and satin-like fabrics. Using the brand’s primary color lab situated in Camo-a little commune in northern Italia-they delivers nearly 2,000 styles in 100 colors using natural dyes. This expansive collection includes tween, men, and maternity put on, too, having a super useful sizing guide.
7. Girlfriend Collective
- Ethical & Sustainable Recycled materials & packaging, take-back program, inclusive sizing, ethical & eco-friendly production in Vietnam & Taiwan
- Products Bralettes, thongs, briefs
- Size Range XXS-6XL (bust 30”-60”, hip 32”-62.5”)
- Cost Range $18-$28
Girlfriend Collective, most widely known because of its popular athleisure, has expanded to incorporate brazier and underwear. Each pair is made from plastic water bottles-and could be recycled again through its ReGirlfriend initiative when you don’t need it. We like how thoughtful Girlfriend is one of the details-from squat-resistant under garments straps (the struggle!), to inclusive sizing through 6XL, to providing the most gorgeous colors.
SHOP GIRLFRIEND COLLECTIVE
- The Great Trade Partner
- Ethical & Sustainable Certified B Corp, upcycled & organic materials, recycled packaging, low-waste & ethical production, ecological initiatives, Climate Neutral certified
- Products Brazier, bralettes, thongs, bikinis
- Size Range XS-XXL (bust 31”-44.5”, hip 33.5”-47”)
- Cost Range $18-$45 (CAD) $15-$40 (USD)
Breathable and light-weight, tentree’s underthings are as soft because they are sustainable. They’re created using REFIBRA™ technology, where upcycled cotton scraps are switched into cotton pulp after which coupled with wood pulp the elastic trims are created using recycled materials. Production and packaging are transported out within miles of one another, therefore the logistics is stored short, too. Plus, when you purchase out of this certified B Corp, every purchase plants 10 trees-taking care of the earth hasn’t felt so comfortable.
- Ethical & Sustainable GOTS & OEKO-TEX certified organic & sustainable materials, recycling program, Climate Neutral and Fair Trade certified, eco-friendly packaging, gives back
- Products Bralettes, thongs, bikinis, briefs
- Size Range XXS-3XL (bust 30”-46”, hip 33”-49”)
- Cost Range $17-$48
Knickey’s under garments puts health first, understanding that countless us are afflicted by infections because of toxins found on and in our underwear. Rather, they uses certified organic cotton that’s free of toxic chemicals and carcinogens because of its selection of thongs, bikinis, briefs, and bralettes. Knickey may also take old underwear once they’re prepared to be upon the market and recycle them into new materials like insulation, gifting you a set of free pair like a thanks!