Fair Trade & Sustainable Shoe Brands
As consumers, we recognize the strength of our voices and speaking up. Through our purchases, the largest an optimistic difference for anyone which make the garments and footwear we placed on every single day, and be sure they’ve fair wages and eco safe working conditions. Because, regrettably, shoe production isn’t exempt in the sweatshop labor and unsafe production processes involved with fashion manufacturing.
Within our look for fair trade shoe brands, we have compiled a summary of the most popular footwear brands producing fairly made footwear that range in function, style, and cost. From hiking and running to operate or an evening out, these brands allow it to be simpler to fill your closet rich in-quality staples for each occasion.
Also, if you are searching for leather alternatives, read this guide for a summary of the most popular vegan and cruelty-free footwear.
- Located In Bay Area, CA
- Ethics Certified B Corp, carbon-neutral, natural & recycled materials, gives back, WRAP- & SMETA-certified production
- Perfect For Machine-washable athletic shoes
- Range Of Products Adult athletic shoes, loafers, slip-ons, flats, sandals, weather-repellent options
- Cost Range $98-$145
Allbirds began with one easy mission: to ethically make footwear in an easy method, using natural materials. The brand’s footwear are manufactured from sustainable materials like FSC-certified Tencel lyocell and Merino made of woll, the second which ensures ecological and animal-friendly practices. Having a simple prices structure and comfy, lightweight styles, these footwear may have you walking Cloud Nine each day.
- Located In Paris, France
- Ethics Fair & safe working conditions, eco-friendly materials & packaging, gives back, operated by alternative energy
- Perfect For Boots & clogs
- Range Of Products Women’s athletic shoes, boots, pumps, loafers, sandals
- Cost Range $145-$420
The essential Parisian brand Sézane designs stunning apparel and footwear for that modern lady. The Ecu label has forged strong partnerships in lots of countries, always concentrating on how and where goods are made. They advocates for safe working conditions for artisans, uses greater than 75 % eco-friendly materials being produced, and provides back regularly.
- Located In Nashville, TN
- Ethics Certified B Corp, women artisan-made, fair labor & wages, responsibly sourced materials, Leather Working Group certified leather, eco-friendly packaging
- Perfect For Minimalist footwear
- Range Of Products Women’s sandals, heels, flats, athletic shoes, boots, loafers
- Cost Range $70-$145
The minimalistic style of ABLE’s footwear makes them a vintage accessory for your wardrobe. The colour palette features elegant basics in neutral colors, and also the periodic arrivals are vibrant and cheerful! If you do not obtain the right size the very first time, ABLE offers limitless free returns and exchanges before you do. This certified B Corp is devoted to making lengthy-term economic impact by using women artisans worldwide.
- Located In Nashville, TN
- Ethics Certified B Corp, artisan-made, fair labor & wages, climate-neutral certified, Leather Working Group certified leather, vegetable-tanned leather
- Perfect For Artisan leather footwear
- Range Of Products Adult athletic shoes, boots, heels, chukkas, mules, oxfords, loafers, sandals
- Cost Range $90-$250
Nisolo collaborates with local artisans in Peru. From design towards the hand crafted production process, this brand has a gorgeous type of adult-sized footwear, heeled boots, and sandals. Nisolo offers fair wages and full-time employment for artisans. We like these superbly designed, well-made footwear that provide 100 % living wages and nil internet carbon.
5. 1000 Fell
- Located In South america & New You are able to City, NY
- Ethics Recyclable athletic shoes, sustainable & vegan materials, gives back, closed-loop processes, safe & fair production
- Perfect For Athletic shoes
- Range Of Products Adult lace-ups & slip-ons
- Cost Range $120
Developed in New You are able to making inside a family-owned factory in South america, 1000 Fell athletic shoes are created to last and created to recycle. They’re constructed from plastic and rubber in addition to natural materials like palm leaf fibers and coconut husks. Consider 97 percent of footwear finish in landfills, they will require your athletic shoes back once you’re ready, refurbish them, and provide these to someone in need of assistance-and provide you with a $20 credit.
SHOP 1000 FELL
6. Fortress Of Inca
- Located In Austin, Texas
- Ethics Artisan-made, safe & fair wage working conditions with benefits, local sourcing, natural materials, secondhand shop
- Perfect For Leather booties & block heels
- Range Of Products Women’s boots, flats, heels, mules, sandals
- Cost Range $150-$275
Fortress of Inca believes that those who make its footwear are simply as essential as those who purchase them (we agree!) employees audits its partner factories in Peru to make sure safe working conditions. They sources materials in your area, including leather that will otherwise be wasted. We like the durable booties, stylish heels, and also the chic oxfords.
SHOP FORTRESS OF INCA
- Located In Paris, France
- Ethics Certified B Corp, fair trade practices, organic & upcycled materials, low waste, gives back, vegan options
- Perfect For Street footwear
- Range Of Products Adult & children’s athletic shoes
- Cost Range €72-€229
Veja is really a leader in eco and ethical production for street footwear. The company buys organic and environment friendly materials from fair trade family farms in South america and also the Amazon . com and partners having a charitable organization which uses marginalized people in an effort to reintegrate into society. During production, Veja prioritizes low to zero waste practices, low wind turbine, and recyclable packaging.
8. Zou Xou
- Located In Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Ethics Small batch production, artisan-made, meets fair labor standards
- Perfect For Made-to-order footwear
- Range Of Products Women’s slip-ons, flats, mules, heels, sandals, boots
- Cost Range $149-$298
Zou Xou may be the brand for individuals who love style and comfort. Inspired by classics like pumps, slip-ons, and mules, Zou Xou works together with Argentinian artisans to create timeless styles in small batches, using traditional techniques and quality materials. Don’t visit your size? You are able to purchase a made-to-order option! By doing this, Zou Xou cuts lower on waste, and you’re playing footwear which will last.
SHOP ZOU XOU
- Located In Brixlegg, Austria
- Ethics Responsibly sourced made of woll, zero waste, alternative energy, eco-friendly & responsible production, ethically produced in Vietnam or China
- Perfect For Made of woll runners & athletic shoes
- Range Of Products Adult athletic shoes, runners, high-tops, snow footwear, flats, slippers
- Cost Range $99.95-$199.95
Giesswein is really a third-generation family business-one in the industry of made of woll! The made of woll is responsibly sourced (mulesing-free) to ensure that no creatures are injured, after which changed into ultra-comfortable footwear. Since made of woll is of course antibacterial and moisture-wicking, these footwear-including snow footwear and-tops-are great to put on for just about any outside activity.
SHOP GIESSWEIN Footwear
10. The Main Collective
- Located In Guatemala
- Ethics Leather & textiles paired together in Guatemala, beyond fair trade wages & fair labor, works together with women’s co-ops
- Perfect For Flats (personalization available)
- Range Of Products Women’s flats, boots, sandals, heels, & men’s boots
- Cost Range $128-$348
Within an frequently mass-created world, The Main Collective reminds us to consider who where our goods are made. Dealing with shoemakers and textile-weavers in Guatemala, the company believes ethically made footwear can alter lives and begin a culture of kindness. Plus, you are able to satisfy the makers who’ve agreed to discussing their tales! We’re big on these fun, colorful options.
SHOP The Main COLLECTIVE?
11. Matisse Footwear
- Located In La, CA
- Ethics Meets fair labor standards, recycled & PETA-approved vegan materials
- Perfect For Western boots
- Range Of Products Women & children’s boots, mules, heels, flats, sandals, athletic shoes
- Cost Range $24-$265
Matisse Footwear’s artisan-made shoes or boots are perfect if you are trying to find everyday footwear and sandals. From fair labor standards towards the sustainable practices and penchant for small-scale artisanal production in family-owned factories, Matisse is making wardrobe staples the proper way. We especially love the interest to detail during these footwear-browse the embroideries, studs, and cutouts. Plus, the company includes a stunning vegan collection!
SHOP MATISSE FOOTWEAR
- Located In Bay Area, CA & China
- Ethics Recycled materials, sustainable packaging & practices, fair labor practices
- Perfect For Comfort flats & loafers
- Range Of Products Adult & children’s flats, slip-ons, loafers, lace-up athletic shoes, sandals, boots
- Cost Range $55-$185
Rothy’s crafts the sustainable footwear for the future: Each set of footwear is formed by 3D knitting using sea-bound plastic. (They’ve diverted 100 a lot of single-use plastic to date.) There’s much less waste involved, too all you’re playing is footwear that suit just like a glove. Frequently touted among the preferred footwear available, they’re made to last and therefore are fully machine cleanable. It’s the right eco-investment for children and adults alike.
- Located In La, CA
- Ethics Certified B Corp, fair labor & wages, gives back ? of profits via grassroots orgs, eco-friendly packaging & materials
- Perfect For Everyday footwear
- Range Of Products Adult & children’s flats, slip-ons, sandals, heels, boots, athletic shoes
- Cost Range $29.95-$149.95
TOMS has provided over 100 million pairs of footwear to children in need of assistance through their revolutionary one-for-one model. Today, the company gives back one-third (!) of profits to grassroots organizations centered on equity. TOMS includes a bold diary for sustainability, including organic and recyclable materials, reduced carbon footprints, and transparent reporting. We like TOMS because of its affordable and expanding shoe selection and, obviously, comfortable classics for the entire family.
14. Thesus Outdoors
- Located In Toronto, Canada
- Ethics Fair trade rubber, natural & recycled materials, virgin plastic-free, 90 % traceable, fair & safe working conditions
- Perfect For Waterproof rainboots
- Range Of Products Adult boots & slip-ons
- Cost Range $120-$198
Thesus Outdoors makes wearable, fashionable footwear-with probably the most thoughtful supply chains around. Small-scale producers and artisans craft its popular waterproof rainboots using 100 % natural and licensed fair trade rubber. Pair these effortlessly lightweight and trendy boots with jeans or shorts, while it is raining or even the snow, and you’ll anticipate to weather any storm.
SHOP THESUS OUTDOORS
- Located In Rio, South america
- Ethics Responsibly sourced & natural materials, low impact dyes, ethically made via ILO standards, carbon-neutral shipping, reforestation program
- Perfect For High-tops
- Range Of Products Adult athletic shoes (canvas, low-tops, high-tops, slip-ons)
- Cost Range $79-$159
For probably the most sustainable and classy athletic shoes in the world, Cariuma could it be. The brand’s materials include GOTS certified organic cotton, bamboo, recycled PET, and Leather Working Group-certified leather and suede, dyed with low-impact inks. Whether you’re a higher-top woman or perhaps a sneakerhead, you’ll find a number of colors, sizes, and designs certain to impress.