Stylish and Sustainable Floor Seating? Yes, Please.
When you want to gain levels our spaces but can’t afford a completely new sofa or loveseat, we consider ottomans and poufs. Large enough compare unique car features within the room’s style, comfort (specifically for us floor-sitters), but less that people break your budget.
Listed here are nine brands offering responsibly made poufs and ottomans, inspired by artisan craftsmanship around the world-so that you can bring sustainability and many years of tradition directly into your house!
If you are looking for more new furniture, listed here are our top chioces for sustainable couches and eco-friendly a coffee table.
- Sustainable Materials 100 % cotton
- Brand Ethics Ethically produced in Egypt, handcrafted by artisans, fair wages
- Range Of Products Square poufs
- Cost Range $180
Being an Egyptian social enterprise, Kiliim collaborates with makers in Fowwa to create stunning home items, including poufs, rugs, and mats. The organization provides fair working environments and wages 50 % greater (!) compared to industry average, so artisans can continue crafts which have been passed lower from one generation to another. For pastel-infused and nature-inspired pieces, we like Kiliim’s square poufs created using 100 % cotton. Worldwide shipping can be obtained, and also the pouf covers are machine-washable!
- Sustainable Materials Cotton and kapok tree fibers
- Brand Ethics Handcrafted by artisans, natural materials, carbon-neutral shipping
- Range Of Products Round poufs (filled or unfilled possibilities)
- Cost Range $50-$120
LannaPassa partners using the Hmong and Lisu hill tribe communities in Northern Thailand to talk about their character and traditions along with you. Rather of mass production, each pouf is typically handwoven with organic cotton and only full of natural kapok fibers or left unfilled, whichever you want. We especially love these for meditating or floor seating, adding just a little cushion but many of warmth and elegance. Shipping is carbon-neutral, wherever you’re.
- Sustainable Materials Organic cattail & blueberry leave fibers
- Brand Ethics Ethically produced by women in China, organic plant fibers & straw, fair wages, carbon-neutral shipping
- Range Of Products Round & square poufs & ottomans
- Cost Range $25.90-$185
GrasShangai (literally) weaves together ancient straw techniques from China and modern decor with hand crafted mats, baskets, placemats, ottomans and poufs. Using naturally dried cattail and blueberry leaves, women artisans in Hubin County soak the plants until they’re soft enough for weaving. Each piece is created-to-order through the locals, so that you can help preserve their traditions while adding these accents for your space.
4. Berber Stuff
- Sustainable Materials Made of woll
- Brand Ethics Hand crafted in The other agents
- Range Of Products Square poufs
- Cost Range $185-$266
Berber Stuff adds the checker and chevron flair to your house that you simply never understood you possessed. Hand crafted in The other agents, each square pouf will come in the selection of color and size to effortlessly suit your style and specs. All orders come unstuffed to be able to fill all of them with a cushion or old blankets and garments (sustainable upcycling!). Like a thoughtful added touch, the undersides incorporate a hands-knotted kilim (rug).
SHOP BERBER STUFF
- Sustainable Materials FSC-certified wood, Certi-PUR certified foam, recycled fabrics
- Brand Ethics Ethically produced in New York, only sustainably sourced materials, recycled packaging
- Range Of Products Ottoman
- Cost Range $295
Sabai’s dedication to sustainability is really impressive. Goods are created using eco-friendly materials like plastic bottles and responsibly sourced wood after which put together with fasteners, to entirely avoid VOCs and off-gassing. Choose your chosen fabric around the Essential Ottoman (the most popular may be the dusty rose recycled velvet-swoon!). There are also lightly used furniture at great deals through Sabai Revive.
- Sustainable Materials FSC-certified wood, Certi-PUR certified foam or natural latex
- Brand Ethics Responsibly sourced materials, ethically produced in California, gives back
- Range Of Products Square & rectangular ottomans, square & round poufs
- Cost Range $350-$895
For investment pieces which are made-to-order (and also to last), we like Medley. Offering various poufs and ottomans, you may choose your personal filling/cushion, fabric color, and wood, so most commonly it is exactly the thing you need. All production happens having a dedicated team in LA, with 100 many years of combined expertise. For each tree used, Medley plants three instead. Payment plans can be found.
3. The Citizenry
- Sustainable Materials Vegetable-tanned leather, cotton, or in your area sourced rattan
- Brand Ethics Handcrafted by artisans, fair wages, responsibly sourced materials
- Range Of Products Square, rectangular, round, round ottomans
- Cost Range $255-$2,185
The Citizenry scours the world to get the best in artisan goods and methods, from Peruvian master weavers to bar printers in India. The company has a small type of ottomans produced in small batches many are crafted in fair trade spaces in Portugal using vegetable-tanned leather yet others are workshopped in Jaipur, India using organic cotton. Yet each one is timeless and splendid.
SHOP THE CITIZENRY
- Sustainable Materials Sustainably sourced hardwood, nontoxic cushions
- Brand Ethics Vertically integrated production, modular shipping
- Range Of Products Square & rectangular ottomans, benches or armchairs optional
- Cost Range $295-$825
Burrow was already a game title-changer for a lot of homes, from USB-outfitted furniture to modular sectionals that change as the spaces do. Here you’ll find sustainably made ottomans or entire armchair and ottoman sets, custom-created using your chosen fabric and wood color. Versatile enough for use as leg rests or tables, it’s no question these really are a fan favorite.
5. Masaya & Co
- Sustainable Materials Sustainably sourced hardwood, responsibly sourced leather
- Brand Ethics Handcrafted in Nicaragua, artisan-made, reforestation initiatives
- Range Of Products Wood ottomans
- Cost Range $300-$380
Masaya & Co, resides in Nicaragua, includes artisan craftsmanship, sustainability, and Central American design. These responsibly sourced wood ottomans include your wood preference (teak, mahogany, or walnut) and leather or patterned design. In return for wood used, Masaya & Co plants new forests instead of broken grazing lands. Inspire conversation and eco-friendly living using these incredible home accents.
SHOP MASAYA & CO