Sustainable Totes & Weekenders, Too
As consumers, we are enthusiastic about knowing if the people who make our accessories and clothes earn fair wages and operate in safe, ethical conditions. Below we have compiled a summary of the most popular brands who check individuals boxes-making gorgeous and functional totes, handbags, and weekenders for everyday use, summer time travels, and beyond.
Many are American-made, other medication is upcycled. Their email list includes vegan totes and artisan-made bags, too! From visit try to an evening out and about, these brands allow it to be simpler to fill your closet with ethical, high-quality staples for each occasion.
If you are searching to update much more of your wardrobe, take a look at our fair trade clothing guide, our roundup of responsibly made shoe brands, and our ethically made jewellery guide!
1. Angela Return on investment
- Ethics Vegan, cruelty-free, ethically made, eco-friendly practices whenever you can
- Perfect For Neutral totes & satchels
- Cost Range $65-$265
Angela Return on investment has mastered the philosophy of timeless elegance and future-forward fashion. The brand’s vegan and leather-free bags are ethically produced by artisans who’re compensated fair wages in safe factories. (Curious to determine the way the bags are created from beginning to end? Find out more about the procedure here.) These vegan leather totes, mix physiques, and bucket bags are pretty straight forward, with organized compartments, straps for simplicity of use, along with a pebbled texture finish that’s both modern and minimalistic.
SHOP ANGELA Return on investment
- Ethics Recycled & sustainable materials, ethical production, repair program, Leather Working Group certified
- Perfect For Elegant styles, monogramming
- Cost Range $65-$595
Cuyana lives with a simple mantra: “Fewer, better.” The company believes that style is much more important than fashion, and quality trumps quantity. Cuyana (“love” in Quechua) creates artisan leather bags for that modern person, with soft neutral colors and enough space just for the thing you need. The company also believes in our favorite concepts-the lean closet-and offers a totally free shipping label with each and every domestic online order, to be able to fill a box with used clothes and get a credit. Let’s all turn to become more intentional, sustainable, and live and eat “fewer, better.”
- Ethics Ethically produced by women, sustainable practices & materials, competitive wages, Leather Working Group certified
- Perfect For Upcycled leather totes & duffles
- Cost Range $35-$300
ABLE realizes that whenever we purchase women, families and communities are lifted up, too. Greater than 95 % of their team consists of women, including across Ethiopia, South america, Mexico, and India each one is compensated fair and transparent wages. When creating leather goods, the fabric is sourced from hides that could have been otherwise discarded, using less energy of computer requires to create vegan leather. Find crossbody purses, totes, shoulder bags, backpacks and much more, in wealthy colors like cognac and whiskey.
- Ethics Vegan options, packaging free from virgin-plastic, responsibly produced in Italia, compostable packaging by 2023
- Perfect For Affordable leather bags
- Cost Range $39.90-$89.90
Quince makes “affordable luxury” a real possibility. Using certifications-like OEKO-TEX, BSCI, and GOTS-in addition to sustainable packaging whenever you can, they will not sacrifice ethics and sustainability for affordability. You’ll find Italian leather crossbody purses, belt bags, totes, as well as AirPod cases and valet trays to keep you organized all day long lengthy.
- Ethics Certified B corp, climate-neutral, Leather Working Group certified, fair trade, artisan-made
- Perfect For Leather clutches, wallets, & crossbody purses
- Cost Range $50-$270
Nisolo wants a global where consumers know where their goods were created by whom. This brand provides worldwide market access, fair trade wages, and safe working conditions because of its entire team, who, consequently, create beautiful, timeless staples. This assortment of hand crafted leather totes are crafted in Peru and Mexico and therefore are both stylish and durable, so you’re certain to stick out wherever you carry your bag.
- Ethics Certified B Corp, Leather Working Group certified, sustainable & recycled fabrics, gives back
- Perfect For Backpacks, weekenders, slings
- Cost Range $39-$449
Bellroy really wants to enhance the way people carry their everyday essentials. From wallets to weekenders-and all things in between, like totes, slings, and backpacks-the B Corp uses eco certified leather and nontoxic fabrics (like recycled industrial nylon and ripstop) to craft accessories which are strongly stitched and tightly woven. To put it simply, they’re created to last-however the three-year warranty covers any problems in materials and workmanship just in situation.
7. Pixie Mood
- Ethics Vegan, responsibly produced in Asia, biodegradable & climate-positive packaging, gives back, recycled & sustainable materials
- Perfect For On-trend vegan bags, wallets
- Cost Range $22-$138 CAD, $20-$130 USD
Pixie Mood’s handbags are socially responsible, sustainable, and classy. Since 2010, this brand has crafted functional and fun bags produced from recycled and solvent-free vegan leather. Resides in Canada, Pixie Mood has acquired worldwide recognition because of its standout products-RFID-outfitted wallets and cases. With a large number of styles and each colour of the rainbow, you will be sporting one of these simple pieces for many years.
SHOP PIXIE MOOD
- Ethics Vegan, ethically produced in Columbia & India, upcycled & plant-based materials
- Perfect For Color-block bags
- Cost Range $75-$295
GUNAS continues to be creating designer, cruelty-free, and vegan handbags since 2009-serving as a voice of creatures within the fashion industry. The organization manufactures globally in ethically run factories which are visited and checked in-person by part of the GUNAS team. You will not find any PVC during these stylish bags, either: GUNAS strives to make use of upcycled, recycled, and vintage materials whenever possible, and also the brand is continually tinkering with new materials.
- Ethics Vegan, recycled materials & packaging, ethically produced in China, nylon recycling program, waste-reduction practices
- Perfect For Multiple-use market totes
- Cost Range $12-$220
Baggu’s bags most likely look familiar-the look is dependant on the conventional plastic grocery bag! Baggu wishes to reduce our reliance on single-use plastics and go for multiple-use each time. We like the thoughtful focus on the types of materials and production (find out more here). These multiple-use totes are cut from the continuous bit of plastic, after which waste can be used to create handy transporting pouches. Its factories in China are audited yearly by a 3rd party, making certain safe, fair working conditions. You may also send your bag to be recycled!
10. von Holzhausen
- Ethics Animal-free leather, recycled materials, ethically made in the united states & Italia, gives back, vegan, biodegradable packaging
- Perfect For Plant-based & animal-alternative leathers, investment bags
- Cost Range $75-$595
von Holzhausen reinvents what leather could be. Rather of sourcing leather from creatures, they has crafted two alternatives which are entirely cruelty-free. The first is Technik leather, produced from polycarbonate from recycled materials, and yet another, Banbu, is sourced from biodegradable bamboo. These innovative fibers will be crafted into multifunctional bucket bags, crossbodies, and shoppers, that are great investment pieces.
SHOP VON HOLZHAUSEN
11. A A K S
- Ethics Ethically produced in Ghana by women artisans, traditional techniques, eco-friendly & responsibly sourced materials
- Perfect For Artisan-made woven bags
- Cost Range £57-£210
Founded by Akosua Afriyie-Kumi, A A K S (see in which the initials originate from?) works together with women artisans in Ghana to create bold, vibrant bags we like. The woven bags are crafted with sustainably harvested raffia from local family farms, then delicately hand crafted using traditional techniques. The procedure takes almost per week per bag, with no two are exactly alike! Support sustainable jobs, artisan skill, and elegance all at one time-locate them online or at stockists like Anthropologie and Nordstrom.
SHOP A A K S