Skyrim is a role-playing, action video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios. It was released in 2011 as a fifth installment to the Elder Scrolls series hence, also known as The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim. The game is playable on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch. The game’s main plot revolves around the player’s character, the Dragonborn, and his quest to defeat Alduin the Planet-Eater, a winged serpent tasked with annihilating the world. The game continues the open-world tradition of its predecessors by allowing the players to go wherever they want in the game environment at any time and ignore or delay the main plot.
If you want to download Skyrim among several other games, you’ll need a steady internet connection. At&t internet provides a super-fast and secure internet connection so you can download your games quickly and make use of a variety of extra extensions to enhance your gaming experience.
Keep reading as we will show you how to use mods in Skyrim for PC to enhance your game experience.
Installing Mods in Skyrim
Modifications developed by users, known as mods, can drastically alter a game to fit your preferences. With so many modifications available for Skyrim, understanding how to mod may transform the game into something entirely different yet interesting. Following are the steps that can lead you towards the smooth and easy installation of mods for Skyrim.
Step Number 1: Knowing the Right Place to Download Mods
Many websites are providing Skyrim mods. However, two websites are most commonly used by players:
This website is the primary destination for most console and PC gamers.
ii. Nexus Mods
This website is a great place for PC gamers to get both original and unique Skyrim mods.
Step Number 2: Download a Mod Manager
One of the biggest advantages of utilizing Mod Managers over manually installing mods is that they make downloading and installing mods from the website a lot simpler. You must manually download and save your files to your hard drive if you do not use a mod manager, and then manually extract files in the right game folders. All of this is handled in the background by Mod Manager, which greatly speeds up the modding process. There are three main mod managers for Skyrim namely Nexus mod Manager, Vortex, and Mod Organizer 2. The best mod manager that we recommend is Mod Organizer 2 as it virtualizes folders in a better way than other mod managers.
Follow these steps after opening the files tab of the Nexus mod website to download Mod Organizer 2:
- You’ll find two versions of the mod organizer: Archive and Installer Version. Select the Installer version.
- Go to the manual download for the installer version of Mod organizer 2. Once you have downloaded it, it will be saved in your PC’s whatever location you have selected.
- Open the Mod Organizer 2 program.
- You’ll see a UAC notification, click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Now the Setup begins. Accept terms and conditions and follow on with selecting the desired location for saving your mod manager and proceeding with the installation.
- Once the installation is finished, launch your Mod Organizer2.
- The first time you launch your Mod Organizer 2, you’ll see three options for selecting the instances. Just select the New (Create a new instance) option.
Now you will see a list of all the games and mods for your mod organizer 2. Select Skyrim and click OK. You’re done with downloading and setting up your mod manager.
Step Number 3: Download Skyrim Script Extender
After downloading the mod manager, a Skyrim Script extender will be required to add additional features to the game. There are different versions of Skyrim Script Extender, below mentioned are the simple steps to download the SKSE64 script extender:
- Go to theSkyrim Script Extender silverlock website.
- There will be different versions of SKSE available, select and download the Special Edition.
- After the download is complete, open the SKSE64 downloaded file.
- Meanwhile, open your Skyrim Special Edition File from your Skyrim game folder.
- Select these files from the SKSE64 folder: Data folder, SKSE63.dll, SKSE64 loader, and SKSE64 steam loader, and drag them to your Skyrim special edition directory.
Step Number 4: Download the Desired Mods
Now that you have Mod manager and Script Extender downloaded, find the mods that you wish to download and add them to your library. For that, follow these steps:
- Open the Mod Organizer 2.
- Make sure that the ‘overwrite’ folder is empty.
- Run the game via the MO2
- On the main menu, select the Mods
- Download the mod you want to use, agree to all the prompts and click OK.
- Close the game. You’ll now see the mod in the overwrite folder.
- Right-click the overwrite and select ‘Create New Mode’.
- Name the mode accordingly and drag and drop it in the left tab to make sure that the overwrite is empty.
- Now you can run your game with the mods you have added.
For many years, Skyrim has been one of the most popular games. Hundreds of Skyrim modifications are available to further enhance the game experience and add user-customized features. In this article, we have briefly explained how to apply different mods in Skyrim on your PC to make use of the game’s many added features.