Most of us wish to visit 7 Wonders of the World once in our lifetime. Or maybe not all but at least one of them. The new 7 Wonders of the World are spread across the globe that are absolutely incredible and snappable.
From Machu Picchu to the Temple of Artemis and from Statue of Zeus to Taj Mahal, each one of them has an amazing history behind and are beautifully designed. Below is the list of 7 Wonders of the World along with their details.
ALSO READ : 10 of Norway’s Best Places
Machu Picchu, Peru
Located on the Andes Mountains, Machu Picchu is built of limestones that are mortar-free. Located in Peru, Machu Picchu is amongst the classic 7 wonders of the world. It is one of the most renowned structures of the Inca civilization, which is popular for its dry-stone walls.
- Altitude: 7,970 ft. above sea level
- Location: Mountain Machu Picchu, Peru
- Best Time To Visit: April to October
- Nearby Places to Visit: Saksaywaman, Islas Ballestas, Sacred Valley, Colca Canyon, and more
Petra, situated in the southwestern desert of Jordan, is amongst the world-famous archaeological sites that was Nabatean Kingdom’s capital. Comprising one of a kind pink sandstone cliffs amongst which the tombs and temples are carved, Al Khazneh is a very famous temple. Petra features a Treasury that reflects the original Greek architecture thus making it a highly attractive destination amongst people.
- Location: Jordan
- Best Time To Visit: March to May
- Nearby Attractions: Roman Theater, Wadi Rum, Mount Nebo, Dead Sea, Ajloun Castle, and more
Great Wall Of China
The Great Wall of China is amongst the 7 wonders of the world that looks amazing and most of us wish to visit once. Bordering defensive outwork, the Great Wall of China is a perfect blend of bricks, wood, stones, rammed earth, and other substances that was built to protect the Chinese region from invaders during the 7th century BCE.
- Location: Huairou, Beijing, China
- Length: 21,196 kilometers
- Best Time To Visit: September to October
- Timings for Visit: 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Nearby Attractions: Summer Palace, The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, and more
Chichen Itza, Mexico
The well-known structure of the ruins of Mayan, the city of Chichen Itza possesses a World Heritage Site of a massive temple – El Castillo, which is constructed in a pyramid shape. It is dedicated to the God of Kukulkan and comprises 91 steps on every side. After getting the total of the final step of the temple it was equivalent to the number of days in one Haab year, i.e. 365 days.
- Location: Yucatan, Mexico
- Altitude: 30 meters
- Timings: 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM
- Best Time To Visit: December to March
- Nearby Attractions: Ik Kil, Kabah, St. Ildephonsus Cathedral, Ek Balam, Pyramid of the Magician, and more
Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro
The astounding statue of Christ the Redeemer is situated on the top of the Corcovado Mountain in Tijuca Forest National Park. It is at a height of 700 metres. The statue was built during the period of 1922 to 1931. It is the symbol of Christian community as well as one of the emblematic landmarks of Rio and Brazil.
ALSO READ : Most Beautiful Places For Nature Lovers In India
- Location: Parque Nacional da Tijuca – Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Height: 38 meters
- Timings to Visit: 8 AM to 7 PM
- Best Time to Visit: December to March
- Nearby Attractions: Maracanã Stadium, Sugarloaf Mountain, Ipanema, Copacabana Beach, and more
The Colosseum is not just amongst the 7 wonders of the world but also amongst the major tourist attractions of Rome. Built of sand and concrete between 70 AD to 72 AD by the famous Emperor Vespasian, it is the largest surviving amphitheatre in the world. Colosseum is a world famous Flavian Amphitheatre that attracts a lot of travelers across the globe.
- Location: Piazza del Colosseo, 1, Roma, Italy
- Height: 48 meters
- Timings: 8.30 AM to 3.30 PM
- Best Time To Visit: October to April
- Nearby Attractions: St. Peter’s Basilica, Roman Forum, Vatican Museums, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon Temple, and more
Taj Mahal, India
Located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, Taj Mahal was built by the famous Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the 16th century for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. This iconic structure is not just the pride of India but also an epitome of love famous throughout the globe. It is constructed purely of ivory-white marble on the southern bank of the river Yamuna.
- Location: Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Height: 73 meters
- Timings: 8 AM to 5 AM; During Full Moon: 8.30 PM to 12.30 AM
- Best Time To Visit: November to March
Nearby Attractions: Agra Fort, Mehtab Bagh, Jama Mosque, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, and more.